Friends of Fixby School
You, as a parent or carer of a child attending our school are automatically a PTA member and should be involved as much as possible.
(Parent Teacher Association)
What is the PTA?
Fixby Junior & Infant School PTA is, like many school PTAs, set up to benefit the children of the school. The PTA fundraises to pay for equipment and other resources that support the school’s efforts both within and outside the curriculum.
The PTA is a registered charity (Charity number 1124907) and is also a member of the PTA-UK.
What does it do?
The PTA supports the school by organising a variety of events such as the school’s Summer Fair, running a school disco once a term and supporting activities such as sports day, Christmas concerts. We aim to fund activities that all children in the school will benefit from. The fundraising efforts in the past have paid for:
- Ipads for the children to use in school for a number of various activities.
- Outdoor provision for children in Foundation Stage.
- Provision of money to subsidise school trips.
Currently the officers of the committee are:
- Vickie Garside – Chairperson
- Julie Hemingway – Treasurer
- Vickie Garside - Secretary
- From the staff , Mrs Allen and Mrs Bharath are involved directly with meetings, and all staff give fantastic support to all PTA events.
- The PTA meets at least once a term, usually at the end of the school day in the Learning Hub. We try to hold some meetings later in the evening, so that parents who work full time can attend. The meetings usually last for about an hour. We understand that lots of parents work and are not able to get to meetings, but would still like to support the work of the PTA in some way. If this is the case, please leave a message with the school office and we will get in touch.
- We also send out letters asking for help for specific events e.g. the Summer Fair and Christmas Cracker. All help is gratefully received! You can leave your contact details with the school office and someone will be in touch.
- You can keep up to date with PTA activities via the school website www.fixby.org where the PTA has a page, or keep a look out for PTA announcements in the school’s fortnightly newsletter.
- You can also email us on email@example.com with any questions, queries or offers of help or visit our facebook page @ Fixby School PTA