Admission to Fixby Junior & Infant School
We follow the Kirklees schools admissions policy. Please click on the admissions policy link below to view admission arrangements for selecting pupils who apply to attend Fixby Junior & Infant School. Applications are decided by using 'admission criteria' to offer places in order of priority up to the Published Admission Number (PAN) which is 45 pupils per year group. The admissions criteria priorities for Kirklees community and voluntary aided schools are:
- Priority 1 children in public care (looked after children) and children previously looked after.
- Priority 2 children who live in the school’s Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have a brother or sister attending the school from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Priority 3 children who live in the school’s PAA.
- Priority 4 children who live outside the school’s PAA who have a brother or sister attending the school from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Priority 5 children who live outside the school’s PAA.
Schools will admit children with statements of special educational or education health and care plans where the statement/plan names the school.
Kirklees School Admissions hold waiting lists for oversubscribed Kirklees community and voluntary aided controlled schools.
When will parents/carers find out which school their child has been allocated?
- Applicants will receive an offer email on 18 April 2016 and will also be able to view the offer online on this date.
- Kirklees Admissions or the school cannot tell parents/carers over the telephone which school has been allocated.
- After National Offer Day children are automatically placed on waiting lists for any higher preference Kirklees Community or Voluntary controlled schools where they have been refused a place.
For further information go to www.kirklees.gov.uk/admissions